Log corruption?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Log corruption?
From: James Pearson <james-p@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 13:45:06 +0100
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
We have a number of workstations running RedHat 7.2 with a 2.4.18 XFS
1.1 kernel - every now and then a (different) machine will crash/hang
and fail to boot with a kernel oops and/or with XFS errors when it tries
to mount the root file system.

The fix is to boot from floppy/CD in rescue mode and run 'xfs_repair -L'
on the root partition. The root file system is them mountable and the
machine reboots OK.

I don't have exact error messages (don't have time to write down the
exact errors, as the priority is to get the machine up and running ...)

Is this a known problem? If it isn't, I'll attempt to get more
information when it happens again.

James Pearson