Re: Question about kernel update

To: ksimach@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Question about kernel update
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 30 Oct 2002 16:00:45 -0600
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
It's pretty straightforward, just get the kernel-foo.src.rpm, and then
as root* do:

rpmbuild --ba --target i686 kernel-foo.src.rpm

and a few hours later, you should have shiny new RPMs in
/usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i686

-Eric

*you don't have to build RPMs as root but doing otherwise requires a
longer explanation.  :)

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.         651-683-3102