Re: RH 8.0 installer

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: RH 8.0 installer
From: Paulo Matos <pjsm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 22:06:38 +0100 (WEST)
Cc: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
        Hi all! Hi Russell!

On 22 Oct 2002, Eric Sandeen wrote:

sandeen> Yep, it's Russell Cattelan here at SGI, he originally posted the
sandeen> message that the installer was released, along with all the
sandeen> caveats.
sandeen>
sandeen> Feel free to just send bug reports (and patches...) to
sandeen> the list, though.
sandeen>
sandeen> 1.2pre2 will be populated when it's available...

        Does 'pre2' refers to XFS or to the installer?

        Looking at .discinfo:
1031690066.345824
Psyche 8.0
i386
6
RedHat/base
RedHat/RPMS
RedHat/pixmaps

i noticed that 'RedHat/pixmaps' does not exists on CD image... don't know
if this matters or not...

        Are images/boot*.img XFS ready? I'm asking this because on
previous releases I could never fit a XFS kernel on a normal 1.44M disk ;)

        I'll start testing this out ... (DISK/CD/FTP/HTTP +
text/graphic/kickstart)

--
        Paulo Matos