Re: Is there something special I need to do?

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Is there something special I need to do?
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 11:12:51 +0200
Cc: Stephen Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 21:04 16-10-2002 -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
Dunno, I tested a whole disk with xfs and ext2, and neither could mount
by label.

The answer was already given, complete devices don't show up in /proc/partitions so the disk will not get scanned for mount by label.

Just make one large partition.

-Eric

On 16 Oct 2002, Austin Gonyou wrote:

> > mount
> > >
> > > as a side note to this, I didn't make any partitions, I'm just using
> > the
> > > whole disk. I dunno if that makes a difference but thought I'd ask.
> >
> > Not sure, the mount command scans everything which appears in
> > /proc/partitions if your filesystem is in there it should work,
> > provided the items I just mentioned are taken care of.
>
> Gotcha. I'll check it out. :)
>

> > Steve
>

> --
> Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Coremetrics, Inc.

-- Seth It might just be your lucky day, if you only knew.