Re: Antw: Can Windows read XFS?

To: Chris Wedgwood <cw@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Antw: Can Windows read XFS?
From: vricks@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 09:33:34 -0400
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
All right, all right, I didn't mean to start such a brouhaha.  As Chris
points out, my original question was answered, which is what I had hoped
would happen when I asked it.  Thanks again.

Vance

V. Ricks
Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Guilford College
Greensboro, NC 27410 USA

                      Chris Wedgwood

                      <cw@xxxxxxxx>            To:       Austin Gonyou
<austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                 cc:       David Lloyd
<lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, vricks@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Manfred
                      linux-xfs-bounce@         Baumstark
<Manfred.Baumstark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
                      oss.sgi.com               linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

                                               Subject:  Re: Antw: Can Windows
read XFS?

                      09/24/02 06:49 PM

Getting VERY off-topic...

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 05:42:06PM -0500, Austin Gonyou wrote:

> Well, why would anyone need access to windows?

I have no idea.  Perhaps you should ask them?

> Windows apps?

Maybe, I really don't know.  Maybe they like the pretty animated
hourglass?

> Well, identify which ones you can't run on linux, then see if
> win4lin or vmware fits the bill. If not then I can understand the
> dilemma, otherwise, keep all you data, while in linux, on the VFAT
> partition that you share with your windows half. That way when you
> boot in to either OS, it's on both.

Someone asked if there was XFS access under Windows, and the answer is
pretty much *NO* (without something like vmware).

Whether they need to run Windows, or choose to isn't the issue for
this list.  Arguably, it's none of anyones business but theirs.

  --cw