Re: Antw: Can Windows read XFS?

To: Austin Gonyou <austin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Antw: Can Windows read XFS?
From: Chris Wedgwood <cw@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:49:35 -0700
Cc: David Lloyd <lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, vricks@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Manfred Baumstark <Manfred.Baumstark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Getting VERY off-topic...

On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 05:42:06PM -0500, Austin Gonyou wrote:

> Well, why would anyone need access to windows?

I have no idea.  Perhaps you should ask them?

> Windows apps?

Maybe, I really don't know.  Maybe they like the pretty animated
hourglass?

> Well, identify which ones you can't run on linux, then see if
> win4lin or vmware fits the bill. If not then I can understand the
> dilemma, otherwise, keep all you data, while in linux, on the VFAT
> partition that you share with your windows half. That way when you
> boot in to either OS, it's on both.

Someone asked if there was XFS access under Windows, and the answer is
pretty much *NO* (without something like vmware).

Whether they need to run Windows, or choose to isn't the issue for
this list.  Arguably, it's none of anyones business but theirs.

  --cw