Re: md + xfs (fwd)

To: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: md + xfs (fwd)
From: Tadas Želionis <tm@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:55:37 +0200 (EET)
Cc: Linux XFS List <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
i have just experienced kernel crash/panic when tried to 'sync' disks when
md reconstruction was running. (no logs :/)

system was debian woody 2.4.20-pre7, md raid1 autodetect, 2 scsi disks on
aic7xxx, SMP, filesystem btw was ext3 - not xfs

there goes the strange part... when booting next time md started
reconstructing arrays as it should, but filesystems seemed clean...

then there was a lot of input/output errors etc, i fsck'ed manually, but
system turned out unusable, ALL fs's were corrupted. had to reinstall.

i don't know why all the fs's were corrupted - now testing that system
with 2.4.19.

wonder if those 'Warning - running *really* short on DMA buffers' have
anything todo with this.

--
Tadas Želionis                                              +370-687-14478
tm@xxxxxxx                                              http://www.arti.lt