Re: Re-occurance of NFS server panics

To: knuffie@xxxxxxxxx (Seth Mos)
Subject: Re: Re-occurance of NFS server panics
From: I.D.Hardy@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 22:06:07 +0100 (BST)
Cc: I.D.Hardy@xxxxxxxxxxx, O.G.Parchment@xxxxxxxxxxx, linx-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Seth,

I fairly certain its the Qlogic driver for the QLA2200 HBA (driver
version 4.27b (I've tried but so far failed to get the more recent
5.38.9 driver to work).

The only other possibility (well the only other driver not in the
base/XFS kernel) is an intel driver for a e1000 PRO Gigabit Ethernet
card (version 3.6.8).

Regards

Ian

> At 19:31 18-9-2002 +0100, you wrote:
> >Steve,
> >
> >I upgraded the kernel to the current CVS (2.4.19-xfs) tree (as of Monday
> >16th Sept.) today and got a very similar looking Ooops to the one I
> >reported on Monday, see below. I guess it is very difficult to know what
> >would have caused any heap corruption. As I understand it there's
> >nothing in these latest panics to directly link them with XFS? I need to
> >do some more thinking on this. Any pointers would be very welcome.
>
> What driver have you loaded that taints your kernel.
>
> Cheers
>
> --
> Seth
> It might just be your lucky day, if you only knew.

Ian Hardy                                   Tel: 023 80593577
Research Services                           Fax: 023 80593131
Computing Services                          email: idh@xxxxxxxxxxx
Southampton University                             i.d.hardy@xxxxxxxxxxx
Southampton  S017 1BJ, UK.