Re: Journal Free Space

To: joebacom@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Journal Free Space
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 26 Sep 2002 15:45:25 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I'm not sure you're thinking about it quite right, you can't technically
"overfill" your log.  It's designed so that when it's full, metadata in
memory is flushed to disk, so that you can use more log space.

You can look at the log tail-pushing stats to see how much this happens,
which might give you an idea of whether a larger log would help in your
particular application.

The xfs_stats script in cmd/xfsmisc in cvs will decipher the xfs stats
in /proc.

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.         651-683-3102