Re: Hacking XFS (was Re: reserve space for root?)

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hacking XFS (was Re: reserve space for root?)
From: James Rich <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:47:26 -0600 (MDT)
Cc: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: linux-xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

> I think XFS would really need someone to maintain the website.  It's
> horribly out of date, and misses some important links.  For example
> it would be nice to have a link to my XFS merge status or even a htmlized
> version.  I don't know whether externals are allowed to work on oss.sgi.com,
> though..

Okay, I've been thinking about what I can do and have come up with
something along these lines.  The mozilla project has a status report
which is basically a weekly summary of what people have done.  This is
different than the merge status report, which is a more overview of what
has been done and what lies ahead.  I propose to do a (possibly weekly or
more often) summary of the TAKE messages so that people know what has been
fixed in CVS, similar to the mozilla project's weekly status report.

I've put together a very quick example of what I plan to do at:

http://www.chowhouse.com/~james/xfs/checklist.html

it covers the two checkins today (oops - Steve just checked in a third).
Tell me if you think this is a good thing or a waste of time.

James Rich