Re: Hacking XFS (was Re: reserve space for root?)

To: James Rich <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hacking XFS (was Re: reserve space for root?)
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 17:25:04 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>, <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, James Rich wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Aug 2002, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
>
> > I think XFS would really need someone to maintain the website.  It's
> > horribly out of date, and misses some important links.  For example
> > it would be nice to have a link to my XFS merge status or even a htmlized
> > version.  I don't know whether externals are allowed to work on oss.sgi.com,
> > though..
>
> Okay, that's something I can do.  If external access is not allowed, maybe
> I could send updates to someone who does have access?  Or I could put
> things together on my site and then they could pulled over to SGI by
> someone there?

The faq is currently maintained by someone outside of SGI (thanks Seth!)
so other parts probably could be as well.  We have an SGI tech pubs guy
who does the pages for each release (featuers, testing, instructions etc)
but if there are other parts that are getting stale, we could probably
work out access for you if you'd like to keep them up to date.

Oh, and FWIW, the XFS merge status -is- linked from the faq now.  :)

-Eric