Conflicting Types Between .h and .c files

Subject: Conflicting Types Between .h and .c files
From: Danny Cox <DCox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:29:09 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Howdy!

        I just updated from CVS this AM, and am having type conflicts between
the xfs .h and .c files on the type of kmem_zone.  The .h file sez its:

        extern struct kmem_zone *<grump>;

while the .c file sez its:

        kmem_zone_t *<grump>;

While I know it's the same thing, the compiler (2.96 from RH) apparently
thinks they're different.  Further, I know that Linux likes the 'struct
name' form, so that it's obvious that this var is a struct (or refers to
a struct), rather than anything else.

        I've now "fixed" around 5 or 6 of these, and it finally compiles.

        Did I just catch the tree in a state of non-atomic commits?

        Thanks!

Danny