Re: Are there mmap problems with xfs 2.4.17?

To: Jason White <jasonw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Are there mmap problems with xfs 2.4.17?
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 22:44:40 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Jason White wrote:

> The kernel I am running is:
> Linux jdc 2.4.17-xfs #1 Sat Jan 19 16:47:16 EST 2002 i686
> (checked out from cvs on that date).
>
> Any suggestions?

Hi Jason - Yes, my suggestion would be to please upgrade your kernel
and see if it goes away.  I understand that you may not want to bring
your system to 2.4.19 yet, but the XFS that was in 2.4.17
in the paleolithic days of Jan 2001 is quite different from the code
in CVS today.  If you can boot it up for a trial, it would be very
helpful, as we really aren't able to go back to debug 9 month old
code.

Thanks,

-Eric