grub and root partition with external log

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: grub and root partition with external log
From: Christian Rice <xian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:53:02 -0700
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Perhaps I'm missing something, but I can't find any docs for booting
with grub using XFS with an external log.

I assume I have my /etc/fstab set correctly--I can mount up as a
secondary drive no problem with the logdev option, but how should I
change grub.conf?  How does it know where to find the external log?

I searched the mailing list, read the info, googled and deja'd to no
avail.

Any hammer to the forehead appreciated.

--

christian rice  director of technology