Anybody interested in service contracts for Linux XFS?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Anybody interested in service contracts for Linux XFS?
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Aug 2002 17:16:23 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
I've been asked to take the pulse of the commercial XFS users out there,
and see if people would be interested, in general, in maintenance /
service contracts for Linux XFS.

It's not something we have in place now, but there have been a couple of
inquiries.  If your company depends on XFS for your product, please
write me back and let me know:

o Does the idea of a service contract interest you?
o If not, why not?
o If so...
o What level of service would you require?
  (i.e. - what would you expect for your money?)
o What's it worth to you?  Perhaps this one is not easily answerable,
  but it might be interesting to get an idea of what you
  would be willing to exchange for the service level you'd like.

And, to the non-commercial users, don't worry, this is -not- the first
step towards "proprietizing" XFS, or anything like that.  We've just had
some companies with XFS in their product, who needed bugs fixed on a
different priority then we were able to address, and we're looking for
ways that we can help those folks, and generate some revenue at the same
time.

Oh, and there should probably be some sort of legal disclaimer here that
this email does not constitute an offer of services, nothing in this
email or your reply is binding in any way... etc... etc.

Thanks,

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.         651-683-3102