Re: xfs-filesystem is broken after rsync

To: Dirk Munzinger <Dirk.Munzinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs-filesystem is broken after rsync
From: Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:46:56 +0200
Cc: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dirk Munzinger schrieb:

> Moin,
>
> Seth Mos schrieb:
>  >
>  > Can you give me a overview of the hardware this is running on? Can you
>  > also list what other patches are applied to this kernel beside the ipsec
>  > patches?
>
> The hardware is an AMD K6 2/450 with 256 MB and 3 IDE HDs from IBM (it's
> just a backup server for the online-backup)
> In the meantime I have recompiled the 2.4.18 kernel only with the ipsec
> and the xfs patches - no other patches anymore.

I was having problems with rsync -av.. one year ago on an almost
identical system like you have. The unbelievable solution was to remove
the verbose options from rsync!!

Look here:
http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/mail_archive/200108/msg00777.html

I didn't have any problem since then and I'm nightly syncing some
300'000 files via rsync.

You could give it a try.

Simon