Re: DMAPI Tokens?

To: malcolm.reid@xxxxxx (Malcolm Reid)
Subject: Re: DMAPI Tokens?
From: Dean Roehrich <roehrich@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:24:42 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
>From:  malcolm.reid@xxxxxx (Malcolm Reid)
>I am having a problem with DMAPI, in that I can only ever generate 999
>tokens before the DMAPI breaks. For instance, if I have >= 1000 files
>which have managed regions
>and I use the sample migin application, everything works fine til the
>1000 file, then I get the error wbee: Can't convert sid. Migin itself
>has executed the command
>execlp(wbee, wbee, -r, -s, , -t, 1000, 0) This happens every single
>time, both with the sample app migin and my test app. Closing and
>reopening the session does not help,
>I have to reboot to be able to use DMAPI commands again. Is this a
>problem with linux DMAPI or have I missed something. Thanks.

That execlp line shows that you're missing the arg for -s.  The code in wbee.c
wants that arg for a sscanf, and that's where the error is coming out.
There's nothing in there that points to a token problem.

In migin.c, look at spawn_kid().  The size setting for sidbuf[] and tokenbuf[]
looks unsafe.  In both of them, set their size to a constant, say 10, and try
that.  If that works, let me know and I'll check it in.

Dean