To: "linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NFS
From: Derek Glidden <dglidden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 25 Jul 2002 11:15:47 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, 2002-07-25 at 02:37, Skylar Thompson wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 06:33:54PM -0400, Derek Glidden wrote:
> > At some point, I saw something on this list that prompted me to put the
> > "wsync" flag on all the XFS mounts that I would be sharing over NFS.
> > Honestly, it was because someone here who understood what it meant said
> > to do it rather than my understanding what it does.   Nonetheless, I've
> > been doing NFS on XFS at home for quite some time with no problems and
> > our main file server here at work (about a dozen users, ofttimes very
> > heavy activity) is all XFS shared over NFS and samba.
> >
> > Is 'wsync' still applicable for NFS shared XFS volumes?
> I don't know. It's not mentioned in the man page for /etc/exports, and
> doing an "apropos wsync" only turns up curses commands.

It's an option to mounting an XFS filesystem - not /etc/exports.

Presumably it means something like "writesync" but I'm not sure if it's
still relevant to making NFS work reliably.

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

usage: qrpff 153 2 8 105 225 < /mnt/dvd/VOB_FILENAME \

http://www.eff.org/                   http://www.anti-dmca.org/