RE: 2.4.18 XFS 1.1 : Gave up on XFS - too many Oops

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 2.4.18 XFS 1.1 : Gave up on XFS - too many Oops
From: "Hundstad, Jeffrey E." <jeffrey.hundstad@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 21:11:48 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
It's too bad that XFS is losing people.

I see we've made it to the finger pointing stage.

Maybe we can step back....

If there already isn't too many hurt feelings is it possible to get a report on
what TYPE of usage is causing problems.  I've been using it on a 700GB server
serving FTP, Samba and NetAtalk users to a couple of hundred university folk.
Since we've gotten are hardware problems solved we've had no problems.  I run
it on my squid cache, my local workstation and laptop, no problems there either
despite the batery running out and the XYL unplugging the hardware.

If we could identify TYPES of load/services that perform well and those that
perform poorly it may be as usfull as OOPS reports.  Some users just don't have
the time or ability, we all wish they did, but they CAN tell us what services
were running.

--
jeffrey hundstad