Re: XFS 1.1 and pre-emptible kernel???

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS 1.1 and pre-emptible kernel???
From: Mike Baptiste <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 18:51:10 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

I figured as much since, like Utz, I noticed the responsiveness was a
little slower, but everything seemed to be working.  I've generally
stuck with XFS releases up till now, but maybe I'll give the CVS
snapshot a go :)

Mike

Eric Sandeen wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 15:30, Mike Baptiste wrote:
>

>>Well, I can attest that pretty much every process that exits on my
>>machine generates these messages.  But so far, my machine has run like a
>>rock with it - so for now I'm ignoring the logs and plowing ahead ;)
>

> I think that the rest of RML's post said that if you were getting > 0,
> then pre-empt was essentially not doing it's job.  Safe, probably, but
> not actually doing anything.  :)  So plowing ahead is fine, but your
> machine might not be running the way you think it is.
>
> -Eric

- --
Mike Baptiste - mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Download my GnuPG key at http://thebaptistes.net/mike.gpg