Re: plans for new release,update redate 2.4.18-5

To: Ethan Benson <erbenson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: plans for new release,update redate 2.4.18-5
From: Harald Wagener <hwagener@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 13:37:32 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 12:55:05PM +0200, Harald Wagener wrote:
> > Knut J Bjuland wrote:
> > >
> > > What are there plans for a new XFS release,
> >
> > Releases are made as an add on iso image whith which You can install RedHat
> > on
>
> no they are not.  the releases have nothing to do with redhat.
> releases are in the form of a diff patch against the kernel, not some
> redhat iso.

Ethan, of course You are right. But I was under the impression the OP wanted
to know about an easily installed version. So I answered his question under
that light, although my answer is wrong in a strict sense.
But we had XFS 1.0, 1.0.1, and 1.1 as releases in the way I described it, no?

> > Definitely there is a 2.4.18 version in cvs. I don't know if it's relative
> > 2.4.18-5, which seems to be a redhat kernel. At this time, RedHat folks
> > would
> > be the ones to be asked for xfs inclusion (by You, that is)....
>
> not anymore, cvs is at 2.4.19-rc1

But I thought the point of cvs would be that You can go back to another point
in development history? So, a 2.4.18 version is Out There (rather, in
there)...

Regards,
        Harald

--