Re: plans for new release,update redate 2.4.18-5

Subject: Re: plans for new release,update redate 2.4.18-5
From: Harald Wagener <hwagener@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:55:05 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Knut J Bjuland wrote:

> What are there plans for a new XFS release,

Releases are made as an add on iso image whith which You can install RedHat on
a PC. The other way to obtain an xfs-aware linux kernel is to use a cvs
version, or to use some kernel branch that already has xfs inside

> and are there any plans for
> an update Linux 2.4.18-5 with xfs patch in?

Definitely there is a 2.4.18 version in cvs. I don't know if it's relative to
2.4.18-5, which seems to be a redhat kernel. At this time, RedHat folks would
be the ones to be asked for xfs inclusion (by You, that is)....

> Is SGI lobbying Redhat to
> include XFS in its next release as option like JFS?

Not that I know of, but I am not with SGI.

> Have you started to
> feed linux with xfs patch in small bits?

Not that I know of, but I am not with SGI. As far as I know, this cannot be
easily done, although a lot of code cleanup is done these days. The mailing
list archives have all the meaty details.

Regards,
        Harald

--
Harald Wagener*An der Alster 42*20099 Hamburg*http://www.fcb-wilkens.com