Re: xfs-filesystem is broken after rsync (log-info)

To: Dirk Munzinger <Dirk.Munzinger@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs-filesystem is broken after rsync (log-info)
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:32:15 +0200
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 10:00 31-7-2002 +0200, Dirk Munzinger wrote:
Hi,

Seth Mos schrieb:
At 07:47 31-7-2002 +0200, you wrote:

I have a number of XFS boxes and they all use rsync in one way or the other in 15,30 or 6 hour intervals and all goes well. I suspect broken hardware. It can sometimes be very subtle and only be caused by certain access patterns or drivers.

I have just tested with a reiserfs on this partition again and everything is OK. Now I have switched back to xfs and rsync is running at the moment with no problem yet - but I have to wait until it is finished.

Did you try newer utilities to create the filesystem or newer repair tools perhaps? That might help.
The 1.1 release is some time ago and the world has changed significantly since then.

I really don't want to move to the 2.4.19 kernel because I am using 2.418 kernels patched with some other stuff like ipsec and they are working OK. The other problem is that this servers are in production so playing around with other kernels etc. might raise my daily telephone-ring-rate ;-)

I believe ipsec plays nice with 2.4.19. Afaik nothing fundamental changed from 2.4.18 to 2.4.19. I'll try it out when I have time. 2.4.18 is ok and stable for me but the newer XFS code is only made available in CVS or releases.

Maybe a 2.4.19 XFS release when 2.4.19 is done ;) *wink*

Cheers

--
Seth