Re: [Evms-devel] Re: "Invalid client ID" after system lockup and subsequ

To: Stephen Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Evms-devel] Re: "Invalid client ID" after system lockup and subsequent reset ?
From: karlheg@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Karl M. Hegbloom)
Date: 30 Jul 2002 08:21:50 -0700
Cc: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>, XFS <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, EVMS Devel <evms-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Stephen  Lord <lord@xxxxxxx> writes:

> You say current code will not boot? The problem is you need a much
> more recent XFS than ones which work in 2.4.18 to function with EVMS.
> Can you restate the unaligned access error?

I bet it's not current code then.  I tried last week, with Debian's
"kernel-patch-xfs" version 1.0.2+20020304-2 and "kernel-patch-evms"
version 1.0.1+1.1.0-pre4-2.  It would not boot, there was errors
messages about unaligned disk access or something (IIRC), and I found
mention of it in the XFS list.  You (Stephen Lord) said you had code
that would hopefully fix it but that you did not want to commit it
then since you where about to leave on vacation.

Should I try a 2.5 kernel?  I need one with both EVMS and XFS for this
machine!  Please advise.  TIA

> As for an XFS version, unfortunately the way we release code does
> not fit well with a version number - I sometimes wonder if we should
> change this - but it would mean a bunch of work on this end.

Ok.  I should have checked the patch package version number before.  I
must have been sleeping.

--
As any limb well and duly exercised, grows stronger,
the nerves of the body are corroborated thereby. --I. Watts.  .''`.