Re: Enterprise kernel 7.2 redhat

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Enterprise kernel 7.2 redhat
From: Skylar Thompson <skylar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:10:25 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Smtp-mailing-host: smtp.thompson.us
On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 11:16:56AM -0400, CRivera@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> We just recently received some Dell PowerEdge 6650's and loaded them with
> your 2.4.9-31 XFS 1.0.2 enterprise kernel (from your 7.2 loader).  After
> finishing the installation when we checked the amount of CPU's it showed
> up as 1, when in fact this server had two (two 1.5 ghz Xeon MP
> processors), this in turn should show up as 4 processors because of the
> hyper-threading.

You will have to install an SMP kernel (i.e. one with the CONFIG_SMP kernel
option enabled) in order for more than one CPU to be recognized. While you
could install a generic kernel, I would recommend compiling your own
kernel, as that allows much more fine-grained control, and a much greater
level of optimization.

--
-- Skylar Thompson (skylar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)