Re: XFS client software

To: Palash Mohanlal Kasodhan <pmkasodh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS client software
From: Mike Burger <mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 18:41:26 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
XFS is not a remote or networked filesystem access system, as AFS, NFS or
Samba would give you.

XFS is more akin to EXT3, JFS, ReiserFS.  You format the server's hard
drives with XFS, and remote systems can have access to the server's file
system via NFS, AFS, Samba, etc.  The networked file systems can be
installed so that they can access an XFS formatted system, and won't care
what the underlying filesystem, on the server, is.