Re: RAID Controller Caching and XFS

To: Raymond <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RAID Controller Caching and XFS
From: Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk <roy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 22:18:49 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
> I have enabled write-backing caching on a MegaRAID 1500 with battery back-up.
>
> Two other cache options exist: Read-Ahead and I/O Caching.
>
> Any potential problems enabling these options with XFS 1.02?

Shouldn't be a problem as long as he battery backup works. Given a power
failure, the data should be written back to disk as fast as the system is
being brought on-line.

That is - if the battery backup works.

I'd check for how long the battery will last. Contact the vendor and try
to get the guarantied values. Also - how long the battery will last under
normal and extraordinary conditions.

roy

--
Roy Sigurd Karlsbakk, Datavaktmester