Re: Kernel oops with XFS and NFS

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Kernel oops with XFS and NFS
From: Dave Alden <alden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 15:49:06 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 09:35:17PM +0200, Ralf G. R. Bergs wrote:
> Are you absolutely sure your hardware isn't flaky?
>
> Just a wild shot in the dark...

Of course not, one can never be absolutely sure.  But I'm almost
absolutely sure.  :-)  The server is also a mail server and I tried
running it for a few hours with just the mail partition being shared
(which is EXT3) and had no problems.  Now that leaves the possibility
of the RAID controller (the mail isn't on the RAID controller) being
flakey, but I highly doubt it (It's a Mylex ExtremeRAID 2000).  I
have a spare, I'll try swapping it in to see if that makes a difference.

...dave