Re: Can I make my blocksize > 4k during mkfs.xfs?

To: XFS list <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Can I make my blocksize > 4k during mkfs.xfs?
From: Ethan Benson <erbenson@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 13:36:39 -0800
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Jun 04, 2002 at 02:42:27PM -0600, Alvaro Figueroa wrote:
> > Only if you have hardware with a page size of 8K or greater, want
> > to buy an ia64 box?
>
> sparc64 works quite well.
>
> BTW, what is needed, so that you guys can "offer" XFS as a stable
> filesystem for some arquitecture other that ia(32|64)?

the only thing in the ia64 patch is syscall entries iirc.  other then
syscall entries kdb is the only other somewhat non-portable peice of
code, but its not really related to XFS.

> (I specially want to know if there is anything I can do to help)

the syscall issue should become irrelevant in 2.4.20 when Marcello is
apparently going to merge the extended attributes API/syscalls.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/