Re: Which Kernel for XFS

To: "Anthony W. Marino" <anthony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Which Kernel for XFS
From: Steve Lord <lord@xxxxxxx>
Date: 03 Jun 2002 13:23:04 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 2002-06-03 at 13:26, Anthony W. Marino wrote:
> I'm building/setting-up a new server SuSE 7.3 which will include 3ware (7810)
> ide raid (10 or 5) with brand new drives and most likely LVM too.  Should I
> get the kernel from oss.sgi.com cvs (CVSROOT=":pserver:cvs@xxxxxxxxxxx:/cvs"
>
> linux-2.4-xfs) or is there another location/process that I should entertain?
> Also what kernel release does the oss.sgi.com cvs sources give me?
>
> Thank You,
> Anthony

Right now it gives you 2.4.19-pre9 with xfs and kdb (which you probably
do not care about). There are fixes in this tree which are not available
anywhere else, it is the most direct link to XFS development. Of course
this also possibly means there are bugs in this tree which are not
available anywhere else.

Steve