Problems compiling Samba 2.2.4 with quota under Debian stable

Subject: Problems compiling Samba 2.2.4 with quota under Debian stable
From: "Ralf G. R. Bergs" <rabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 12:59:33 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there,

sorry for being semi-off-topic, but since this has at least *soemthing* to do
with XFS I hope you forgive me. :-)

I'm trying to compile Samba 2.2.4 under Debian 2.2 (stable). I'm running a
kernel compiled from yesterday's XFS 2.4.18 kernel source (I'm mentioning this
because the XFS header version may be important WRT to my problem.) I also
compiled and installed the attr and acl packages from the above source tree.

My configure statement looks like this:

                ./configure \
                --host=$(DEB_HOST_GNU_TYPE) \
                --build=$(DEB_BUILD_GNU_TYPE) \
                --with-fhs \
                --prefix=/usr \
                --sysconfdir=/etc \
                --with-privatedir=/etc/samba \
                --localstatedir=/var \
                --with-netatalk \
                --with-smbmount \
                --with-pam \
                --with-syslog \
                --with-sambabook \
                --with-utmp \
                --with-readline \
                --with-pam_smbpass \
                --with-libsmbclient \
                --with-winbind \
                --with-automount \
                --with-quotas \
                --with-ssl \
                --with-acl-support \
                --with-msdfs

When I run "debian/rules binary" I get this error:

Compiling smbd/quotas.c
smbd/quotas.c: In function `get_smb_linux_vfs_quota':
smbd/quotas.c:111: storage size of `D' isn't known
make[1]: *** [smbd/quotas.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/samba-2.2.4/source'
make: *** [build-stamp] Error 2

Obviously this is the offending source fragment:

#ifdef LINUX_QUOTAS_1
        struct dqblk D;

It seems as if "struct dqblk" isn't defined. Why is this?

My kernel config WRT to quota configuration looks like this:

CONFIG_QUOTA=y
# CONFIG_QFMT_V1 is not set
CONFIG_QFMT_V2=m
# CONFIG_QIFACE_COMPAT is not set

I don't understand why "configure" seems to mistakenly think I wanted to use
the old (v1) quota interface.

Any hints are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ralf

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\