Re: RH 7.3 and XFS

To: Juergen Sauer <juergen.sauer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RH 7.3 and XFS
From: Stefan Smietanowski <stesmi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 07:37:27 +0200
Cc: Henri Aanstoot <henria@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi

I'm waiting for you guys to release RH7.3 install iso .. :)
Any release date known yet?
(how long do i have to wait with formatting my laptop drive? ;)

This is a job of the RedHat distributor.

Why do I get the feeling that you haven't really been using xfs / on the xfs list for very long?

What he's referring to and what there is at least one more thread about is that SGI has historically made patched RedHat installers, like for example release 1.0.2 for RedHat 7.2. That's an example.

I've read of someone outside SGI is taking a look at it and also (I think) someone inside SGI is taking a look at patching the installer isos. The last mail on the subject was just 2 days ago I believe. So please try to look up facts before answering to a mail.

Go read more on the xfs homepage, http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/

The latest release is 1.1 but it doesn't contain an installer.

// Stefan