Re: Still some corruption occurs on my root filesystem

To: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Still some corruption occurs on my root filesystem
From: Michael Wahlbrink <x_miw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 16:02:51 +0200
Cc: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Eric Sandeen wrote:
On Wed, 22 May 2002, Michael Wahlbrink wrote:

The only thing here is "normal" log recovery, nothing that should indicate
corruption.  I assume that this is after what claims to be a  clean shutdown?

So I can sleep now without thinking 'bout lost data.... ;-)
Thanks!

Well... if you shut down your system cleanly, you should not be doing
recovery, so something is still not right (assuming that the messages
you posted were after a normal shutdown).

It was a normal shutdown, :-(
...and it also did't disappear if I had rebooted the mashine a few times. It disappeared if I started a repair from my "repairsystem". Let's see how it's going on ....

Probably the BLKSETSIZE ioctl, perhaps your raid driver doesn't implement
it?  I wonder if this could be part of the problem... at one point it looked
like this was harmless.

Ok, how to find out?? Should I forward/write something to the ataraid ML?? I'm not a kernel hacker, so I dont have any glue what ioctls are ;-)

Whoops, a couple things.  first, it's "BLKBSZSET" that I was thinking about,
but I don't think you'd see this at boot time in any case.

I don't know if I see it also on clean boots.... I'll have a look on it

It would be nice if the ataraid driver printed out _which_ ioctl was
unsupported...  in pdcraid.c you could change the

printk("Invalid ioctl \n");

line to

printk("ataraid: invalid ioctl cmd=%x %lx\n", cmd, arg);

if you wanted to chase this down, although I don't know if it's related
to your problem.

I will try this ;-)

thanks
micha