problems with xfs as root fs

To: linux-xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: problems with xfs as root fs
From: Michael Wahlbrink <x_miw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 22:10:46 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
hi,
on my 'new' linux-box i've set up an linuxfromscatch system with xfs as root fs on an promise ide raid controller (using /dev/ataraid/dXpY). I use the kernel 2.4.18 with the xfs 1.1 patch. Often after a (obviously clean) shutdown I have problems with booting into my system. I get a kernel panic saying thast there is something wrong with the log of the xfs filesystem. Than I must reboot with my old SCSI disk and run xfs_repair (often with the -L option ;-( ) to get the system running again. Some hints what's wrong there? And how to get a working xfs-system without emergency partition ?

regards
micha