Re: xfsdump sample scripts

Subject: Re: xfsdump sample scripts
From: Federico Sevilla III <jijo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 14:39:03 +0800 (PHT)
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 17 May 2002 at 15:42, Ian Cumming wrote:
> Basically, I do full (level 0) dumps every Sunday, with incremental
> backups every other day of the week.

Cool. Reading your script already answered a number of my questions
(including can the dumps be compressed). I'm not very familiar yet with
how xfsdump and xfsrestore work, but it looks like creating an incremental
backup does not need access to an uncompressed full backup reference.

When it comes to restoring, I wonder, if I want to do something like
"restore foo.bar as of Wednesday", will it be possible to get this from
the incremental backup of Wednesday, without uncompressing all the backup
files?

My apologies for the neophyte questions. Thanks in advance. And thanks
again for sending us all the scripts.

 --> Jijo

--
Federico Sevilla III   :  <http://jijo.free.net.ph/>
Network Administrator  :  The Leather Collection, Inc.