Re: xfsrestore problems

To: Juergen Hasch <Hasch@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsrestore problems
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 20:06:24 -0400
Cc: John Kihonge <mkulima@xxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, May 16, 2002 at 09:51:07PM +0200, Juergen Hasch wrote:

> > > I'll have to see what is involved in the upgrade. Slackware is close to
> > > another release which might use that version or later.
>
> I really don't understand how a minor glibc library update can cause such
> problems. All other binaries were identical (kernel, modules, xfs libraries).

I don't know for sure it even changed anything. In fact, I really don't
believe the upgrade to 2.2.4 actually did anything. Today I looked
through the files again, and I really think the results were about the
same.

The main difference this time was the error message I got more than the
number of files restored.

I think it's very bad that a restore program can be so heavily affected
by the dump program's online database. The restore should do a restore,
period, no funny business.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx