Re: "badblocks" for XFS?

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: "badblocks" for XFS?
From: "Jonathan F. Dill" <dill@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 13 May 2002 14:04:42 -0400
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
You've got a point there.  When I start seeing bad blocks on the
outside, usually it shows up that whole regions of the disk appear to be
"bad" I think because the head is having trouble seeking to that
region.  The next thing that usually happens is that the drive head
fails altogether.

--
"Jonathan F. Dill" (dill@xxxxxxxxxxxx)
UMBI CARB IT Coordinator