Re: Kernel 2.4.18-XFS

To: David Lloyd <lloy0076@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Kernel 2.4.18-XFS
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2002 20:53:49 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Ok, I'm a little confused... you said /var in your first message, but
now you say /home is bad?

So let's start over - can you verify that xfs_repair finds _no_ problems
on any filesystem before the RPM install, and that one or more is  damaged
afterwards?  You'll need to make sure you cleanly unmount any filesystem
that you run xfs_repair on.

Are there any messages in the system log?  Also the full error message,
without the (?) might be helpful.  :)

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.