Re: TAKE - Trade in panic() for BUG() in debug kernel

To: "Eric Sandeen" <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TAKE - Trade in panic() for BUG() in debug kernel
From: "Amit D. Chaudhary" <amitc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2002 22:37:15 -0700
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Just some thoughts.

Why not make this a configuration item. For stable usable systems, it is
more appropriate to reboot and do recovery. For all others like
qualification, testing the default approach below is better.

A similar case is the places where the inode is marked as bad,
make_bad_inode instead of a xfs_force_shutdown.

Regards
Amit