Re: Deadlock when using xfs_freeze

Subject: Re: Deadlock when using xfs_freeze
From: Adrian Head <ahead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 23:32:47 +1000
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Just to bring anyone that was interested up-to-date.

I ran the test again after compiling with kgcc as I was told that the stack
trace was borked.  The problem still existed with or without xfs_freeze so it
shows that it is an interaction problem with LVM & XFS.

After talking to the LVM guys I have decided that following through with this
is a waste of time as LVM-1.1rc2 development is being dropped in favour of
development in LVM2.

Therefore, I won't take this any further.

Thanks for those that have helped and gave suggestions.

--
Adrian Head

(Public Key available on request.)