DMAPI unmount bug?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: DMAPI unmount bug?
From: "James A Goodwin" <jagoodwi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2002 15:59:24 -0500
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
All,

I'm having problems with XFS DMAPI when an unmount fails.  My program is
accessing the file system and receives a preumount event.  It tells DMAPI
to continue, but was unable to relinquish all open files in the file system
for some reason or other.  This causes the unmount to fail, and the DMAPI
unmount event that is received via DMAPI shows this.

However, the root user who issued the unmount command sees a successful
unmount.  Subsequent runs of the 'mount' command show that the file system
is unmounted.

So there is a disparity between what is reported via DMAPI (unmount
failure) and what is reported to the user (success). In this case, I'm
guessing it really does unmount.  If that is true, then the DMAPI should be
told that the unmount was successful.

Thanks,

-James Goodwin
Software Engineer