Re: xfsrestore problems

To: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsrestore problems
From: John Kihonge <mkulima@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 10:44:16 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 05:41:12PM -0500, John Kihonge wrote:
> >
> > Charles,
> >
> > I am unable to reproduce this issue in our lab here since we dont have
> > Slackware 8.0 on any of the test machines. I used xfsdump/xfsrestore on Red
> > Hat 7.2 with 2.4.18-xfs kernel and glibc version 2.2.4 and it works.
>
> You can install it in about 30 minutes... and in any case, it's not
> likely related to Slackware since another user had the same trouble in
> February. I think he was using Red Hat, but I don't remember.

 I saw the emails from February and it was a problem with SuSe. I need to do
more investigation to see if I can determine why this is happening.

> > Would you upgrade glibc to version 2.2.4 and see if that would work?
>
> That's non-trivial. Do you have any reason for me to do this? I mean, is
> there something about 2.2.3 that you suspect?

I know Red Hat 7.2 with glibc 2.2.4 is working since that is what I used to do
test ,but I havent done any tests with glibc 2.2.3. By upgrading, we would
determine if the library is causing the error.

> I'll have to see what is involved in the upgrade. Slackware is close to
> another release which might use that version or later.

----
Kihonge JN