Re: mkfs problem:: no left space on device

To: Benito Venegas <venevene@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mkfs problem:: no left space on device
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: 30 Apr 2002 13:09:08 -0500
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Marek Kubita <mkubita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Benito -

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 11:56, Benito Venegas wrote:

> I have some problems in one server, when I run mkfs (mkfs.xfs) I got an
> error:

<mkfs tries to make a huuuuge number of blocks>

> I had downgraded xfsprogs version (including devel version) to recreate
> file system.

<1.3 worked>

> when I did that I saw  there is a oversize blocks (6600763899904 v/s
> 77702380 and some other variables are different between bot mkfs.xfs
> version). I don't know why.

This is almost certainly from the fact that xfsprogs 2.0+ uses
BLKGETSIZE64, whereas pre-2.0 uses BLKGETSIZE.  It appears that
BLKGETSIZE64 is broken somehow in your setup.

I'll send you a test program offline, to see what's going on.

What scsi driver are you using?

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.