Re: Hi! Where can I download xfs patches for 2.5.10?

To: Mike Eldridge <diz@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hi! Where can I download xfs patches for 2.5.10?
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 20:09:10 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Mike Eldridge wrote:

> you mention "patch generation scripts" -- are these publically
> available?

I could make them available, but...

> i attempted to patch a 2.4.19-pre7 kernel and ran into quite a few
> rejections.  i fixed most of them, but it seems the pre7 kernel has some
> changes with respect to the quota stuff that are a bit over my head at
> this point in time.

That's not what they do.  The scripts I talked about automatically
check out CVS and diff against the latest 2.4.X-preY kernel, then upload
the resulting patch to oss.sgi.com.  The "latest 2.4.X-preY kernel"
part of the script is broken atm.

If you want to try patching xfs against a -pre kernel, I'd suggest using
the mergetrees kernel, that's how I usually merge in a new kernel.

You use it something like:

mergetrees linux-pre linux linux-xfs linux-pre-xfs

where the last 4 arguments are the -pre kernel, the (previous) vanilla
kernel, the current linux-xfs tree (based on the vanilla kernel) and the
resulting tree with the -pre and the -xfs code.

It's not magic, but it can make merging easier sometimes.

-Eric

sandeen@xxxxxxx   SGI, Inc.