RE: /dev/null coming up as chmod 600 at boot?

To: "'Mike Burger'" <mburger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: /dev/null coming up as chmod 600 at boot?
From: Murthy Kambhampaty <Murthy.Kambhampaty@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:08:47 -0400
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday, April 24, 2002 09:32, Mike Burger wrote:

> It was a clean install, actually...with the 7.1 ISO set (when
> that was the
> current set).  The only things I've upgraded are on a package
> by package
> basis, including the kernels.

It's amazing how much crud you can avoid installing if you do a select
individual packages for installation. (I don't usually go through every
branch, looking for packages to select/"deselect", but I certainly do make
sure that emacs is out and Vim is in (BTW, that's not a polemic), along with
some other stuff I'm interested in/concerned about.)

        Murthy

PS: The above message may contain spelling errors. They may or may not
reflect my English language silkls.