Re: 2 questions

To: Libor Van?k <libor@xxxxxxxx>, Simon Matter <simon.matter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 2 questions
From: Adrian Head <ahead@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 02:57:04 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 02:35, Libor Van?k wrote:

> Please - can you send me some more information about network block
> devices? I absolutely doesn't know what it is and how to use it ;)

Network block devices are a way to mount a raw disk volume across a network.
Think of it as RAID1 but over a network.  They are very useful as a HA
solution.  There are a couple of them for Linux - the standard kernel has
shipped with NBD for a long time. (I've never used NBD though).

Probabily the best thing is to point you towards the DRBD pages:
http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/reisner/drbd/

--
Adrian Head

(Public Key available on request.)