Re: 2 questions

To: Libor Vaněk <libor@xxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: 2 questions
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:56:36 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 14:25 12-4-2002 +0200, =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Libor_Van=ECk?= wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to ask 2 small yes/no questions about XFS:
- does XFS support fs resising?

Only larger, shrinking is not supported.

- is there any way how to have physicaly more (Linux) machines which would act like one big XFS (probably all driven by one "master" machine which would handle I/O requests)?

There are some other filesystem block layers that can do this but I don't know if any of them actually work with XFS. I see some trivial test reports but I can't remember if any of them was succesful or not.

(I think it's clear what I would like to do ;-))

Yup

cheers

--
Seth