XFS and User Land Mode (UML - Virtual Server) ?

To: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: XFS and User Land Mode (UML - Virtual Server) ?
From: Christian Sander Røsnes <christian@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 16:52:13 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

Has anyone tested XFS with User Land Mode (UML) or some
other virtual server (chroot style). I'm looking into
ways of setting up an application server to run Linux (preferable XFS over
our RAID 0+1 70 GB diskssystem), mysql, java, plus some application
server (Orion).

The plan is to allow different external consultants develop and setup
application services on this machine. However, should their applications
run amok, or someone get the desire to snoop around, I'd like
to chroot or limit what they can do to the rest of the system and
network. A virtual server looks promising for this type of scenario.
I'm in the process of checking out the different solutions, and
UML looks like a contender.

The linux box (Compaq DL380 G2) has dual cpus (1266Mhz P3),
1280 MB RAM, 70 GB RAID 0+1, so I hope this would suffice to
handle up to 20 virtual servers.

Anyway, I plan to see if I can get XFS and UML up and running.
So, if anyone has experience with this combo, the info would be appreciated.

Thanks
Christian