Re: System crash by use xfs

To: Stephan Pfeiffer <pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxxx>, linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: System crash by use xfs
From: Seth Mos <knuffie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:47:37 +0200
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
At 09:32 12-4-2002 +0200, Stephan Pfeiffer wrote:
dear xfs-users,

i used kernel2.4.17-xfs. only one partition on the system is used with xfs.
once a process or anything writes to this xfs-partiion my system goes
completly down. i have recompile my kernel with gcc2.91.66 how is written
here http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/faq.html#hangprocess but it not helps.

can anybody help me, please?

What error do you see in the logs (like /var/log/messages) or in dmesg output?

Can you cut and paste the output of the error in the mail perhaps?
Are you using something like md or lvm on your system?

Can you try checking out the latest CVS and see if the problem still exists.

Cheers

--
Seth
I use the last kind.