Re: [Announce] XFS 1.1 Prerelease 2 available for testing

To: Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Announce] XFS 1.1 Prerelease 2 available for testing
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:31:01 -0600 (CST)
Cc: <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: owner-linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
On 26 Mar 2002, Florin Andrei wrote:

> On Thu, 2002-03-21 at 11:15, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> > At long last, a prerelease of the upcoming XFS 1.1 release is available
> > ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/download/testing/xfs-1.1
>
> Is this the version that's gonna be used for the next version of the
> installer? (based on Red Hat 7.3 or 8.0 or whatever)

The next version of Red Hat seems to be based on a 2.4.18 kernel + the
usual assortment of patches.  As far as I know, nobody at SGI has yet
produced RPMs with XFS bits based on that Red Hat kernel, and it's not
really on the radar at this point.  Some of the xfs installer code is in
the latest Red Hat installer, which makes some of the work easier, but
putting out a new installer is still quite time consuming.

If anyone would like to contribute such a beast (kernel and/or installer),
I'd be glad to put it up on oss.  :)

-Eric